ACA 1095 Software
Easy software for 1095 filing.
- Simple to use and easy to learn
- Available with compatible forms and envelopes
- All the forms you need for compliant ACA filing
Easy printing, mailing and e-filing 1095 forms with the right options from Discount Tax Forms.
1095 Filing Requirements
These new forms are required in January 2016, to report on employee health care coverage during 2015. This is part of the Employer Shared Responsibility Rule of the Affordable Care Act.
Medium-to-large size businesses will need to file these forms!!
Who needs to file:
- Employers with 50 or more full-time employees (or full-time equivalent)
- Self-insured employers with fewer than 50 employees (a very small number of businesses)
- Health insurance companies
- Click for details on employers who qualify
- Businesses can file these forms themselves, or outsource to a payroll company, just like W-2 forms.
Forms 1095-B and 1095-C are used to report to the IRS, and include the following information:
- Enrolled employees and former employees
- Details of employees’ health insurance coverage
- Veriﬁcation that the minimum essential coverage (MEC) requirement has been met.
Employees and their dependents will use this information to complete their personal tax returns – and those who do not have minimum essential coverage may receive a penalty on their tax returns.
1095-C is for applicable large employers
1095-B is for self-insured employers and health insurance companies
1094-C and 1094-B are the summary transmittal forms
You Need 1 Copy for the Employee and 1 Copy for the IRS, just like W-2 forms.
Order 2 Forms for each employee unless you are e-filing with the IRS.