3 Ways to Make Printing 1099 & W2 Easier
Error check data before printing 1099 and W-2 Forms
Eliminate reprinting correction forms and possible fines or penalties
- Most 1099 & W2 software gives you an easy way to do this, including QuickBooks
- Recipient data is complete and correct
- Amounts appear in the right boxes
- The correct retirement option is marked in W-2 Box 13
- TIN numbers are correct for 1099s
Select the right 1099 & W-2 forms
Ensure that data aligns properly and that forms are compatible with your software.
Choose the best 1099/W2 filing method for the number of forms you have
- 1-49 Forms – Online 1099 & W2 systems are ideal for printing only a few forms, most will e-file too. Manually enter the data or import it from your accounting software.
- 50+ Forms – Many accounting packages print 1099 and W2 forms, or use stand-alone software designed specifically for payroll reporting.
- 250+ Forms – E-filing is required and most accounting software systems can handle it
- Large volume printing is best done with pressure seal forms