Kits of 1099-MISC Forms
1099 Miscellaneous Income Reporting of $600+ for Contractors and More.
1099-MISC Sets include:
- Copy A (Federal, red scannable)
- Federal Copy B (Recipient)
- Copy C (Payer file)
- Copy 2 (Recipient State or City) – 4pt only
- Copy 1 (Payer State) – 5pt only
3 Free 1096 Transmittal Forms also included with each order!
- 2-up format
- 8.5″x 11″
- Copy A has a 1/2″ side perforation
- Printed on 20# laser paper
Print each copy as a batch.
Mail Copy A to the IRS in a batch and mail recipient copies directly to that individual.
How to Choose the Right 1099 Forms
OPTIONS FOR 1099-MISC FILING
CHOOSING THE RIGHT 1099-MISC FORMS
1099-MISC is most common 1099 and is used for Misc. payments of $600 or more to contractor.
TYPE OF FORMS
NUMBER OF PARTS
The number of 1099 pars needed is based on government filing requirements.
- Copy A: Federal Copy for the IRS
- Copy B: Recipient Copy
- Copy C: Payer Copy
- Copy D/1/2: State and Local Copies
Read more on our blog: Decoding 1099-MISC Copy Requirements
3-PART STATES: AK, CO, FL, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, RI, SD, TN, TX, VT, WY, WY
4-PART STATES: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CT, DE, DC, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LS, LA, MA, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NY, NYC, OK, OR, PA, SC, UT, VA, WI
Transmittal 1096 forms are required only if you are printing and mailing 1099-MISC Copy A to the Federal Government. One 1096 is required to summarize all 1099s for a single payer.
Order compatible 1099 envelopes to ensure mailing information aligns correctly in the windows.
1099 FILING DEADLINES
- January 31* – All 1099 Recipient Postmarked; 1099-MISC Federal Copy A Postmarked or e-filed with IRS
- February 28 – Paper Copy A filed with the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
- March 31 – E-filed copies to the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
These are Federal filing deadlines. Most states follow the same dates.