Set of 1099-NEC Tax Forms for Reporting Non-Employee Compensation for Recipients & Payers
Easily order 1099-NEC forms and envelopes in one simple kit! Includes all the required payer and recipient forms based on the number of parts you need, plus compatible security envelopes.
Low minimum quantities and discount prices – no coupon needed with The Tax Form Gals!
Use 1099NEC Forms to report non-employee compensation of $600+ for contractors, freelancers and more. Learn more about 1099NEC requirements >
Compatible with QuickBooks® software and most accounting software that prints 1099 forms.
If you need a solution for easier filing, check out our DiscountEfile system … no forms, envelopes or postage required!
Learn About 1099-NEC Requirements
1099-NEC Sets include forms for payers and recipients:
- Payer 1099NEC Copy A for IRS (red scannable)
- Recipient Federal Copy B (Federal)
- Payer Copy C-2 (File, State, Local) – (4pt set includes 2 Copy C/2; 5pt set includes 3 Copy C/2)
- 3 Free 1096 Transmittal Forms for submission with Copy A to the IRS
1099NEC Form Specs:
- 3-up format with 3 forms per page
- 8.5″ x 11″
- Copy A has a 1/2″ side perforation
- Printed on 20# laser paper
- New dateless format – update your software to fill in the year
- Item# 3pt – NEC95913 | 4pt – NEC95914 | 5pt – NEC95915
Print each copy as a batch.
- Send Copy A to the IRS in a batch if you have 9 or fewer recipients for a single payer, or e-file using our DiscountEfile.com system.
- Mail recipient Copy B directly to the recipient in compatible 1099 3up envelopes.
- Keep Copy C for the payer’s files or mail it to the state as required. (5-part kits will include two Copy 2 forms)
POSSIBLE CHANGE TO 1099 E-FILING REQUIREMENTS
The IRS is currently CONSIDERING a change to the e-filing threshold for 1099 & W2 forms. It is currently 250+ forms, but COULD change to 100+. Stay tuned to Discount Tax Forms and the Official IRS 1099 Instructions for developments.
If you need to efile, check with your software provider or use our online service, DiscountEfile.com to get it all done easily. We can even print and mail recipient copies for you!
Efile 1099 Forms
Choosing the Right 1099 Formats
1099-MISC vs 1099-NEC
In 2020, the IRS released a new 1099 form for reporting non-employee compensation, the 1099-NEC form. If you need to report income of $600+ for contractors, freelancers, gig workers, etc, use the 1099NEC form. This information was previously reported on 1099MISC box 7.
1099-MISC forms are now used to report royalties, rent, prizes, proceeds to attorneys, fishing boat proceeds and other miscellaneous information. Official IRS 1099-NEC & MISC instructions.
NEW 1099-NEC 3UP FORMAT
To report non-employee compensation, new 1099NEC forms were mandated in 2020. Use it to report payments of $600+ to contractors, freelancers, gig workers and more during the tax year.
For 2021, 1099NEC forms have changed to a 3up format (3-per-page) to save paper and make things more efficient.
Order 2021 1099NEC Forms
POSSIBLE NEW E-FILE RULES FOR 2021
The IRS is considering a change to require e-filing for 100+ recipients of 1099 and W2 forms by a single payer. The decision is expected by November. We make e-filing easy with our DiscountEfile.com system – and can even print and mail your recipient copies. It’s the easiest way to get 1099 & W2 forms done on time!
Easy 1099 E-Filing
OPTIONS FOR 1099 FILING
TYPE OF FORMS
NUMBER OF PARTS
The number of 1099 pars needed is based on government filing requirements.
- Copy A: Federal Copy for the IRS
- Copy B: Recipient Copy
- Copy C: Payer Copy
- Copy 2: State and Local Copies
Read more on our blog: Decoding 1099-MISC Copy Requirements
3-PART STATES: AK, CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NV, NH, NM, NY, OR, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WY
4-PART STATES: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI
5-PART STATES: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, HI, ID, ME, MA, MN, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, UT, WI
Transmittal 1096 forms are required only if you are printing and mailing 1099-MISC Copy A to the Federal Government. One 1096 is required to summarize all 1099s for a single payer.
Order compatible 1099 envelopes to ensure mailing information aligns correctly in the windows.
1099 FILING DEADLINES
- January 31 – All W2 & 1099 Recipient Postmarked; 1099-NEC and W2 Federal Copy A Postmarked or e-filed with IRS
- February 28 – Paper Copy A filed with the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
- March 31 – E-filed copies to the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
These are Federal filing deadlines. Most states follow the same dates.
If you need to correct a 1099 form because the original has errors, you will need to re-file the same 1099 form.
The only difference is a simple “Corrected” checkbox at the very top of the 1099. Checking this box signifies to the IRS and recipient that there is different information than on the original 1099.
This is the approach for correcting any type of 1099 form, from the popular 1099NEC and 1099MISC to obscure types of 1099 forms too.
You can print and mail the corrected 1099 forms yourself, or file them all online to save time!
Online 1099 Correction Filing