Expert insights to
easy 1099 & W2 filing.

How to Correct W2 Forms You Already Filed

If you need to correct W2 forms that have already been mailed or e-filed with the SSA, you must file a W-2C Correction Form, with a W-3C form to summarize corrections by a single employer. Buy W-2C Correction Forms >

There is no deadline, simply file the form as soon as you discover the error.

If you only have a few to correct, try our Discount Efile system! You enter the data and we e-file with the SSA, then print and mail employee copies instantly. 

Instant W2-C Filing

For paper copies, Mail a W-2C Copy A to the IRS, along with the W-3C.

US Mail:
Social Security Administration
Data Operations Center
PO Box 3333
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18767-3333
Other Carriers:
Social Security Administration
Data Operations Center
Attn: W-2C Process
1150 E Mountain Drive
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-7997

If you find an error before filing a W-2 Form with the Social Security Administration, you DO NOT need to file a W-2C form, even if you have already mailed the employee copy.

Before mailing W2 Copy A forms to the SSA, simply check the “Void” box at the top of the incorrect W2, and create a new W-2 with the accurate information.

Send Copy A to the Social Security Administration. For employee copies B, C and 2, write “CORRECTED” on new copies and mail them to the employee.

Related: How to correct 1099 Forms >